New Health and Safety Requirements
A visit to Wine Country may feel a little different right now, but our commitment to providing an exceptional visitor experience remains the same. In response to state and county guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, we’ve implemented a number of protocols designed to keep our guests safe while ensuring an enjoyable and educational visit.
To ensure the safety of our employees and guests:
Health and Safety
- Masks are required at all times on our property unless you are seated and enjoying wine tasting or a meal. We’ll be happy to provide you with a mask if you need one. Our staff will be wearing masks throughout your visit.
- Please observe social distancing while on the property. We’ve spaced the tables on our patios and in our tasting rooms to allow for at least 6 feet between parties, and we appreciate your cooperation in complying with this guideline when moving around the property.
- We are conducting regular and rigorous cleaning and sanitizing of our Visitor Center spaces at scheduled intervals throughout the day as well as in between guest seatings.
- Our staff undergoes pre-shift health checks and are washing and sanitizing hands frequently throughout the day, as well as wearing gloves for service. You’ll find hand sanitizer stations for guest use throughout the facility.
- We strongly encourage credit cards for purchases on the property whenever possible.
Planning Your Visit
- Reservations are required, and can be made on our website's reservation page. Party size is limited to no more than 6 guests. All guests – including children – must have a reservation. When possible, we will accept same-day reservations, but we urge you to plan in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
- If you or anyone in your party exhibits symptoms of Covid-19, please remain at home. We will cheerfully refund your reservation and assist you in rescheduling a future visit.
- Please allow 60 minutes for seated tastings. We appreciate your cooperation with this timing, which allows us to clean and sanitize furniture between guest seatings.
- We welcome trained service animals on the property; however, we regret that we cannot allow family pets.
- Please do not bring in outside food. We have a number of food-pairing options onsite, and there are numerous restaurants within a short drive of the winery.
- Plan in advance. Remember, many restaurants, hotels and wineries are operating with limited capacity to ensure guest safety. Be sure to make reservations well in advance of your visit.